The Federation shall represent the interest and welfare of all types of co-operatives at all levels.
The functions of the National Co-operative Federation include --
- Represent co-operatives,lobbying and advocate for their needs and aspirations
- Mobilization, management and deployement of resources for the benefit of members
- Faciliate and co-ordinate all national co-operatives training initiatives and development programmes.
- Custodianship of good corporate governance and compliance with co-operatives principles and values by co-operatives.
- Providing universal access to affordable none core functions of co-operatives principles and values of co-operatives and affliliates;
Esuring members are protected against abuse, bullying ,mismanagement and loss.
A co-op is a business or organisation that’s owned and controlled by its members, to meet their shared needs.
Persons wishing to be registered as a co-operative shall submit to the Commissioner ,through their Chairperson,an application for registration.
- Ensure sustainability in all respects
- Set out clear aims and objectives.
- Ensure the support and involvement of the members